The 34 EMA With Trendline Breakout Forex Trading Strategy combines exponential moving average indicator with price action trading.
In a good trending market, this forex trading strategy is a very reliable trading strategy that can pull in a lot of pips quite easily into your forex trading account.
To prove it, just go and do a bit of back test on past price data and you will see what I’m talking about after you’ve learnt the trading rules and setups which are explained below.
Timeframes: 5 minutes and above.
Currency Pairs: Any
Forex Indicators: 34 EMA ( or you can use other EMA’s like 14, or 21 etc…its up to you but the concept is the same regardless)
What you need is a 34 EMA, which is primarily used only for determining trend direction of the forex market and an ability to draw good trend lines.
Trades are taken after the break on the trendline when price makes a rally or pullback and once this rally or pullback fails, trades are entered.
34 EMA WITH TRENDLINE BREAK FOREX TRADING STRATEGY RULES
Here are the buying and selling rules of this forex strategy.
1) draw your downward trendline and see if there is a breakout
(2) if there is a breakout then, the price must then be above the 34 EMA
(3)after the downward trendline breakout, watch the highs of the candlesticks that form.
(4) This is important: The signal candlestick is the candlestick with a high that is lower than the previous candlestick’s high, if that single candlestick’s high is broken, then buy immediately at Market, or you can place a sell stop order just a few pips above the high of that signal candlestick so if the price breaks its high, your order will be executed.
(5) if your buy stop order is not executed and the candlesticks continue to make lower highs, move your buy stop order to each lower high candlestick that forms until price moves up and activates your order.
(6) Place your stop loss just below the low of the candlestick that activates your order.
Just the exact opposite of Buy Rules:
1) draw your upward trendline and wait for a breakout to happen
(2) price must then fall below the 34ema
(3)after the downward trendline breakout, watch the lows of the candlesticks that form.
(4) This is important:The signal candlestick is the candlestick with a low that is higher than the previous candlestick’s low, if that single candlestick’s low is broken, then sell immediately at Market, or you can place a buy stop order just a few pips below the low of that signal candlestick so if the price breaks its low, your order will be executed.
(5) if your sell stop order is not executed and the candlesticks continue to make higher lows, continue to move your sell stop order to each higher low candlestick that forms until price moves down and activates your sell stop order.
(6) Place your stop loss just above the high of the candlestick that activates your order.
SETTING PROFIT TARGETS
Here are a couple of options for placing profit targets:
(1) Take profit at the level when profit is 3 times what you risked initially.
(2) If trading from a daily chart, place profit target 80-250 pips
(3) If trading from the 4hr chart, aim for 40-120 pips profit targets.
(4) You can also use previous swing high points (peaks) as profit target levels for buy orders and previous swing low points(troughs) as profit target levels for sell orders.
Learn to lock in your profits by moving your stop loss i.e setting a positive stop loss.
- If you are trading off from the daily chart, you can move your stop loss and place a few pips behind each daily candlestick’s low if its a buy trade or if it’s a sell trade, place stop loss behind the high.
- The same can be done if you are trading off from the 4hr timeframe.
- One of the best ways of managing a trade is to trail stop your trades just behind or above each successive price swings as your trade continues to move in your desired direction.
- These price swing points are essentially support and resistance levels and place your trailing stop above or below such levels ensures that you do not get stopped out prematurely and with this practice, you can ride out the trend for a very long time if the trend is strong.
ADVANTAGES OF THE 34 EMA WITH TRENDLINE BREAK FOREX TRADING STRATEGY
- allows you to trade with the trend
- use of price action and trend lines to enter your trades
- when price breaks a trendline, it often a good signal that that trend is now changing and added onto that the 34 EMA gives you the direction of the market too, so when you enter a trade with this system, it allows you to almost get into a trade at the start of a new trend.
DISADVANTAGES OF THE 34 EMA WITH TRENDLINE BREAK FOREX TRADING STRATEGY
- there will be times when you will see there won’t be enough swing points (peaks & troughs) to draw your trend lines from and these often happen when the market makes a massive move without slowing down from those peaks and troughs.
- There is a tendency to get false signals in a ranging or sideways market
ADDITIONAL TRADE ENTRY TECHNIQUES
Please don’t forget to share the 34 EMA With Trendline Breakout Forex Trading Strategy with your friends by clicking any of the buttons below.